Sunday, June 20, 2010

GLITZ 2010

GLITZ 2010 Award Ceremony for Sports IG

16 June was Glitz, the award ceremony. All Sports IG including martial arts and sports club were attending. The dress code was formal. I was awarded the Merit Award for my participation in RP Aikido IG.

In the Glitz booklet, it said: " The Merit award shall be awarded to any member who has been in the polytechnic team at least 1 full academic year and who may not possess a high standard of skill in the sports, ........." I was demoralized by the quote "may not posses a high standard of skill in the sports." It should be rephrased as displaying moderate/ acceptable standard of skill in the sports.

Despite this problem, I humbly accept the award. I join RP Aikido during at the end of my second year. And it's not even a year I spent in RP Aikido and I got the position of Advisory Captain and participated in Aikido Youth Meet 2009. I am more than enough in RP Aikido, I do not wish for further achivement or medals/ awards , but the achievement of promoting Aikido to RP students and to expand RP Aikido and Aikido Shinjukai. That is more than enough.

No comments:

 

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix